A:Come in and have some coffee, Anna. The kids have just gone out to the mall to hang out with their friends.安娜,进来喝杯咖啡。孩子们刚出去和他们的朋友们逛购物中心。
B:I saw a lot of teenagers when Alan and I were there yesterday.昨天我和艾伦在那里的时候看到很多青少年。
A:They spend hours there, especially on weekends.他们在那里玩几个小时,尤其在周末。
B:Speaking of that trip, Alan bought a shirt at a department store, but the sleeves are too long. Do you know a seamstress or tailor who can shorten them?说起那次旅行,艾伦在商场买了一件衬衣,但是袖子太长了。你认识什么裁缝师可以将它们弄短一点吗?
A:I know several. But wouldn't it be easier to take the shirt back and exchange it for the right size?我知道几个。但是把衬衣拿回去换个合适的尺寸不容易一些吗?
B:Isn't that complicated?那样不复杂吗?
A:No, it's easy. We'll just take the shirt back to the men’s department and show them the sales slip. They'll exchange it for the correct size or give you a refund.不,很简单。我们只要把衬衣拿到男装部,给他们看销售发票。他们要么会换个合适的尺寸,要么会把钱退给你。
B:We? Do you want to go with me?我们?你想和我一起去?
A:Sure. I love going to the mall.好哇,我爱逛商场。
B:What do you do there… hang around, like the kids?你去那儿做什么……闲荡,像那些孩子一样?