A How did your interview go?
你面试得怎么样?
B Pretty well. I don't know if I'll get the promotion or not, but I feel good about it.
挺好的.虽然我不清楚是否能成功升职,但是自我感觉还不错.
A if you get the promotion, what will your new title be?
如果你真的升职了,那你的头衔是什么呢?
B if I get the promotion, I will be a senior engineer instead of an assistant engineer.
由助理工程师变为高级工程师.
A Will you get a pay-raise, too?
你的薪水也会增加吧?
B Whenever you are given added responsibilities, you should get a promotion.
你的职位升高,责任就会随之加重.
A That makes sense. Who interviewed you?
我明白了.谁面试的你?
B My boss.
我上司.
A What kinds of questions did she ask you?
她为了你一些什么类型的问题?
B She asked me about my ability to work in a team and what I thought a good boss should be.
她问我在团队中的工作能力如何,以及在我心目中一个好上司是什么样的.
A The second one sounds rather difficult to answer. What did you tell her?
第二个问题听上去似乎很难回答.你是怎么说的?
B I told her that I'm an excellent team player and that a good boss should treat male and female employees equally.
我告诉她我富有团队合作精神,而一个好的上司应该做到对待下属无论男女都一试同仁.
A Those are good answers. How did she react?
回答得很好啊.她有什么反应?
B She told me that even when I become a senior engineer, I'll have to work with the assisant engineers as a team.
她跟我说,即使我升职为高级工程师,我还是得和助理工程师一起在同一个团队工作.
A What do you think about her as a boss?
你觉得她作为上司,做得怎么样?
B She's pretty easy to get along with. She listens to her employees and treats everyone equally.
她很平易近人,善于倾听下属的意见而且能一视同仁.
A You're lucky. Not everyone has such a great boss!
你真是太幸运了!很少有人能遇到这么好的上司!
B That's true. She's highly esteemed among everyone at my company.
没错,我们公司里对她的评价都很高.
A When you find out if you get the promotion or not, let me know.
只要你知道有关自己是否能升职的消息,一定要告诉我.
B I will do.
我会的.