M:Did you watch the Oscars on Sunday night?
周日晚上你看奥斯卡颁奖典礼了吗?
S:No, but I heard about that Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt didn't attend.
没有,不过我听说安吉丽娜朱莉和布拉德皮特没出席。
M:Yes, that was surprising. I heard that they got into a fight and then dicided not to go.
是啊,这真出乎意料。据说他们之间发生了争执,最终决定不参加。
S:They must be the most famous celebrity couple in Hollywood.
他们俩大概是好莱坞最著名的一对明星情侣了。
M:They're also one of the richest couples. They have so much money and they can buy almost anything they want.
也是最富有的一对。他们所拥有的财产几乎可以让他们随心所欲地购买想要的一切。
S:I also heard that Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes made an appearance at the Oscars.
我还听说汤姆克鲁斯和凯蒂赫尔姆斯在奥斯卡颁奖现场露面了。
M:Did either one of them win an Oscar this year?
他们俩中有谁获奖了吗?
S:I think Tom might have been nominated for one of his films, but I don't think he won anything.
我想汤姆可能凭借自己的一部电影获得了提名,不过我觉得他可能获不了奖。
M:Tom Cruise may be handsome, but I think he's a bit crazy, don't you?
汤姆克鲁斯长得是帅,不过我觉得这回他脑筋有点不清楚,你不觉得吗?
S:Yes, his marriage to Katie is actually quite scandalous.
是啊.他跟凯蒂结婚简直是个笑话。
M:I still think that they only got married to get more publicity for their movies and themselves.
我还是觉得他们俩结婚只是为了给他们的电影和自己做宣传而已。
S:People in show biz can have such an easy life; I don't know why they have to make it so complicated.
演艺圈的人可以生活得轻松自在,我搞不懂他们为什么要把事情弄得那么复杂。
M:I would never want to be a celebrity because the paparazzi would also be after you.
我可不想做明星,因为身后总会有狗仔队跟着你。
S:That's true. I guess it would be difficult to have people taking pictures of you everywhere you go.
没错。我想只要在你所到之处都有人偷拍你,那样的日子恐怕很煎熬。
M:Thank goodness we're not rich and famous!
谢天谢地,咱们既没钱也没名气。
S:Being famous, I can do without, but I wouldn't mind being rich.
没名气倒是无所谓,但是我可不介意有钱!
2025国考·省考课程试听报名