1. Hopes dimmed.
希望越来越渺茫。
2. I went all out!
我已尽力了!
►go all out 全力以赴,鼓足干劲
e.g. We have to go all out and catch up with them. 我们要鼓足干劲赶上他们。
3. The groom made the rounds.
新郎挨个敬酒。
►make the rounds 串门拜访,四处走动
e.g. In hospitals, night nurses are making their usual rounds. 医院里,值夜班的护士正在例行查房。
4. You’re taking your life in your hands.
你在玩命。
5. It’s just a one-off.
只是一次性的。
6. I need a few days to mull it over.
给我几天让我想想。
►mull over 琢磨,斟酌,反复考虑
e.g. I'll leave you alone here so you can mull it over. 我不打扰你了,你在这儿可以仔细考虑考虑这事儿。
7. How can we mitigate the effects now?
我们现在怎样才能缓解问题?
8. They’re as thick as thieves.
他们俩形影不离。
►thick as thieves 亲密无间,交情深厚
Bon Jovi(邦乔维)的专辑《What About Now》里有一首歌就叫做《Thick As Thieves》,有兴趣的可以搜一下听听~
9. You keep going off on a tangent.
你老是跑题。
►go off on a tangent (说话时)突然离题,扯到题外;突然背离原来的思路;突然改变行径
也可以用go(fly) off at a tangent
10. I’m nursing my energy.
我在积蓄力量。
中国足彩网信息请查看生活口语