迷你对话:
A :Would you mind going to dinner with me tonight?
A :你今晚一起去吃饭如何?
B :I'd love to go out with you, but I'm sorry I'm busy tonight, but I'd like a rain check.
B : 我很愿意和你出去。可是非常抱歉我今晚有事。我们下次去,好吗?
A :OK.
A :好吧。
词海拾贝:
1.a rain check改天,下一次机会
讲解:如果你看比赛时,比赛因为下雨而中断,手中留着下次继续用的票根被称为“rain check”。凭借这票根可以改天看比赛。意识引申为“延期,改天”之义。
Eg.I can't make it to dinner tonight; but, can I take a rain check?
今天晚上我不能去吃晚饭,但是我们改天再吃好吗?
Eg.I'd like to take a rain check on your invitation.
我希望你日后补请。
Eg.I won't have that coffee just now, but can I take a rain check on it?
我现在不能喝那杯咖啡了,下次再喝,好吗?
Eg.They gave a rain check on a dance.
他们改期举行舞会。
2.mind doing:介意做某事
Eg. I wonder whether you would mind doing me a favor?
不知道你能不能帮我一个忙?
Eg.Would one of you mind doing this for me, please?
你们俩谁帮我弄一下,好吗?
Eg.I don't mind doing you a favor that costs me nothing.
顺水人情不妨做做。
中国足彩网信息请查看生活口语
2025国考·省考课程试听报名